Sunday, June 24, 2012

And I Thought We Had A Long Day In The Saddle........

The Duluth area was well represented at the Superior Vistas Century in Washburn, WI on Saturday, including Rich and Lauren, Sherry, Rick and Penny, Joe, Wayne, me (Russ) and a couple of Daves. It was my first time at this event and if you set the almost day long rain aside, I can't say enough good things about it. The route includes FS 236 - perhaps one of the nicest stretches of road that I ever been on. Plenty of food at the rest stops and finish, on the spot replacement of a shredded tire, and even law enforcement managing the intersections! I'm in for next year.

I spent most of the day in the company of Wayne, Joe, and Dave and the smooth pace line work helped us get it done in a little over 5 hours. But that pales in comparison to the efforts recorded by Jim (7:31) and Tim (7:48) at the Lutsen 99er event. Shanie's 3:15 in the 39er isn't too shabby either!

Maybe all those early morning miles are paying off?

No comments:

Post a Comment