Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Six silly boys

Today six brave souls (read:  silly boys) appeared nearly simultaneously at
 "the Church" for a morning of high spirited riding.
I know, I know . . . it looks suspiciously like four . . . 
believe me . . . there were six!
Although this portion of Jean Duluth Rd from Zimmerman to Normanna Rd
beat up Mr Jim B . . . the rest of us paid for it as he sped down 
Howard Gnesen at a fast clip (graciously, he never exceeded 27mph). 
 It was fortunate for us all that Mr Jim J was there to reel him in.  
We do need to explain the course to him next time as he took a bit of a shortcut home (somehow this let him avoid that crazy hard hill on Howard Gnesen from Ridgeview to Kenwood Edison . . . I wonder if he knew that?)
I would suggest we all chip in and get him a road bike (instead of the full on
TT bike), but I fear he will be too fast.
Mr John H was feeling the effects of jet lag today,
I know he will be back on his game shortly.  That is good for us, since he cuts a wide swath through the wind.
In spite of the fog, we had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment