Sunday, June 20, 2010

Where were You today?

OK . . . except for the ten of us that showed . . . just where were you on a nearly perfect riding day in Duluth?
Today was a great day for riding . . . 
First group leaving at 7:00 . . . well, most of the first group left at 7:00.  One unnamed rider was late.  His comments to us were:
"When I saw you riding 3 abreast up the Jean Duluth Rd, I knew no one had dropped the hammer.  Later on the Lismore Rd when I saw you single file . . . I knew I was in trouble."
Regardless, this fearless rider worked tirelessly for miles and miles (OK, around 10 miles) to reel us in.  The moment I saw him I knew the group speed was going nowhere but UP!
(I'm not sure, but I think the rider in the from may have
 been the aforementioned offender)
There are two important things to note in this photo:
1) the rider on the right is James longtime friend Shane.  
A big thanks to Shane for coming along!
I'm sure he knows he is welcome anytime!
2) SO, just what are those black things on James knees?
**note:  no other rider has them
As advertised, this was a fun, spirited . . . fast ride
This was the only time the author saw the faces of the riders
This was a much more common view . . . 
Fast paceline down the shore . . . no time for photos.
Thanks Guys!
The second group met at 10:30.  We will blame somewhat poor attendance on the previous days marathon (I know a few of you ran!)
Great to see you here on your new bike Ellen, join us again soon!
All I have to say is, it takes a real rider to wear a jersey like this.
Importantly, Dave delivers . . . 
Not sure how, but we ended up at the Mocha Moose, to meet Penny and Rick!
With service like this, why wouldn't we stop?
Thanks Kayla!
Yeah . . . this bike riding thing is really tough.
As for Eddy, he would have stopped too!
Of course all good things must come to an end.

Soon we were back to work, headed home.
So, where were you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment