Monday, October 18, 2010

shaft drive bike at SAVAGES BICYCLE CENTER

I've been promising to post this for a few weeks.
You may recall I spent a bit of time during September in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
During my stay, SAVAGES BICYCLE CENTER let me use a Specialized Allez.
(a BIG THANK YOU to MATT SAVAGE!) 
Matt is the 3rd or 4th generation owner of this shop.
It is now the OLDEST BIKE SHOP in NORTH AMERICA, 1897
(as an aside, curiously, Matt came down with an unexplained illness and was unable to ride with me . . . not sure I believe it . . . this led to my riding with
Team Evil and Team OSB)
During their last move . . .  they found this in the basement.
It is thought to be made before 1910.
Of course it has the expected wooden wheels
But what was not to be expected 
it is SHAFT DRIVE
I hope you find this as cool as I do
We are still riding this week . . . check for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment