Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New Leadership

1) Russ is gone until Friday workin' on some ol' computer thing 
(or somethin' like that)
2) It is well known that Rich doesn't have a clue 
(in fact he doesn't even suspect!)
That takes us to Dave . . . the 3rd "most senior" member (read OLD)
**Please note the expression on his face, and importantly the position 
of his right hand . . . as he signals and commands
"We shall go that away!"
So off we go, into the morning mist . . . just six of us havin' fun
Now, I need to regress just a bit.
With Russ around, our routes are nicely organized, clear and concise
With Dave . . . this was our route
(at least I think it was, I was lost most of the time)
You'll see here the look of concern on Dave's face
as he realizes that even he doesn't know 
where we are or where we are going
As so often happens, the Jims and Jymn's are leading the bunch
We even picked up a stray!
Good to see you again Dave!  Remember, 6:00 means
6:00, not 5:57 or 6:02!
I need to remind the group:
"Stop ahead boys . . . Stop ahead!"  That means "time to GO!"
The last hill looms ahead . . . and a challenge is issued .  .  .
I only have three things to say
1) I was "a little busy" to take a photo
2) I got
3) there is a reason JIM was wearing the YELLOW JERSEY
THURSDAY MORNING, 6:00 AM at the corner of 
SUPERIOR and Lester River RD

2 comments:

  1. I gotta confess!
    Dave's route was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great route, though I was dropped about 70 percent of the way through it. Big Jim is such a machine. There is a reason he won the Brewhouse Tri's mixed relay averaging 21 mph. He just keeps on churning. It was something to watch -- from way, way back -- as Rich and Jim topped Tichenor and raced for the stop. Nice riding guys.

    ReplyDelete