Sunday, August 15, 2010

WINDY...

Wow... what a windy day. As I rode up to the church, the tail wind was nice, but it was pretty obvious that the 20-30 mph wind was not going to be a welcome member of our ride. Thanks Dave S for planning the loop, it was a great loop... as we rode north and west, it became pretty obvious to me that my legs were dead to today, so I was not going to be fighting for any

instead I spent the entire day dying at the rear of the pack taking pulls from anyone willing to break the wind for me... this is what I saw for most of the day.

at least today Rich was not pulling out his normal "oh i was so tired today." Here he is doing his version of pulling at the front.... as two riders would pull off from the front, Rich would accelerate us off his draft, then come back in get back in the middle of the group.. i think this was just his version of trying not to pull into the wind.


I would also let it be known that we seem to ride just as fast into the wind as with it... what is up with that? I know I was tired, but when in Dave or Russ's Draft(they did A LOT of pulling today, thanks) I was still riding anaerobic. not a good sign.

We did make a couple stops for refreshments... most pulled out the coffee, i pulled out the ...


Of course full of caffeine and sugar... just what I need to prolong the agony... and boy did I love it.

when stopped, of course Rich did his duty... but where is his post....



as we HAMMERED through Jay Cook, I rode hard, but was eventually dropped... Rich and Wayne did come back and help me limp back to home broken but not dejected... man I love riding my bike.

Here is my two heroes... wait, make that my mentors... I hope when I am as old as them, I can ride as well as they do....

No comments:

Post a Comment