Sunday, August 29, 2010

The old "dollar bill" trick

got me home this morning. Randy S and I rode with the boys to the start of the Pequaywan Lakes road, then each peeled off to take separate routes homes while Rich, Dave, and Jim continued on their epic adventure. Halfway down Howard Gnesen, I blew out my rear tire; I checked that casing but couldn't find any cuts or glass - once I put the new tube in and pumped it up a bit, I found the culprit: a 15mm split in the sidewall, with the tube now bulging out menacingly - and it's been such a fine morning up to now!

In desperation, I wrapped a dollar bill around the tube, stuffed it back in, then pumped it up gently-nothing bulging out through  the cut, so I added a little more air, put things back together and made it home. Sometimes you just get lucky.......
Russ

1 comment: